Monday 8 April 2013

Hangover Woes

[Posted by Chris]

So 2 days now done!

It has been as tough as expected but not for the reasons I expected. The heat is not a problem (33C max) but it has been too cold for me from about 7pm to 8am. However, it is _really_ windy all the time and coupled with 14% humidity this means that you dehydrate enormously.

As a result the end of day 1 was a bit of a struggle for me as I developed a splitting headache and nausea (think: the worst hangover you can imagine) with 10 of the 37km still to go. However, the first 27 had gone well and I was very surprised to see how far up I came (results are posted live if you want to follow us).

Day 2, today, was shorter but brutal terrain. There was as much scrambling as running and a lot of ascent, much on sand... However, with an increased fluid intake it went well and I'm again amazed by my standing. The fact that taking twice as long as I normally would for 30km is good tells everything.

My feet are OK too.

No comments:

Post a Comment