Monday 8 April 2013

Draining Heat of Day 2

[Posted by Jon]

Today was shorter but harder terrain. The heat was more oppressive today and I was feeling pretty drained along the flat to Check Point 2. I allowed myself a few treats along here, then had a good final stint in which I felt I conserved energy whilst making up a few places. This section suited me well as it started with easily the biggest climb yet (perhaps 250m), followed by a steady but rocky descent.

I have been told I am in the top 60, so a similar result to yesterday. I have two minor blisters on my left foot but nothing serious.

Neil had a storming day and came in an astonishing 12th place! His foot is causing some discomfort but if he can make it through tomorrow I would back him to do even better on Wednesday's long stage.

Thanks Sarah Earl for the email, this was hugely appreciated! We'd definitely enjoy more from anyone reading this.

If you would like to send any of the chaps a message now or during the remainder of the race, you can do so on this page:
http://www.darbaroud.com/en/write.html

2 comments:

  1. To all, you can send mail from http://www.darbaroud.com/en/ by clicking on the red box labelled 'Messages'

    You'll need their runner ids:
    jpd 657
    Neil 615
    Chris 716
    Simon 734

    If you want to message another runner you can find their details at http://goo.gl/Yyopz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I sent messages at around 0930 this morning and it appears that they may not have received them so there may be a day of lag before delivery

    ReplyDelete