Sunday 7 April 2013

Hot Spots

[posted by Simon]
Ok - so hopefully JPD/Neil will have already posted but I thought I would put some thoughts on the non-elite pair (Chris and I). We are happy from finishing with no major injuries (a few hotspots on feet but good) and we need to remind ourselves that simply finishing was the objective.On the day - we both found it very hard for similar reasons. I struggled with the heat (c32 with direct strong sunlightbut reasonable wind) - it just seemed to sap my energy. Chris struggled with the hydration/nutrition and now has a dehydration headache.

I should explain how food/drink works. Drink we get regularly (today 3L at 6.30, 1.5L at check1, 3L at check2 and 4.5L when we arrived. We can choose to take less but no more. So food. Tonight we will all have various forms of freezedried meals (as each night). In the mornings we have differences - JPD with flapjack(crumbs), I have hot, Chris Museli and Neil a variety.On the road we all have our favourites!

Worrying about 75k day..

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your freeze dried. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With your determination Simon Day 4 isn't something to worry about! Amazing following your blog and hearing you compete in somethng you talked about years ago. All the best Niki

    ReplyDelete