Sunday 14 April 2013

Too Many DJs Saved My Life

[Posted by Jon]

I notice that I've also totally forgotten to post anything at all about my iPod.

I didn't use it at all on the first two days - I wanted to save it for when it mattered (along with my other "treats" - gels, sweets, pain killers and caffeine tablets). The second half of the third day mattered; unfortunately the iPod didn't work - I'd been drenching myself in water (I actually had an excess that day) and some must have got in.

However, stuff dries out quickly in the Sahara, and it was up and running again on the fourth day, and I certainly needed it then! I listened to about half of your selections from CP1 to CP4, and none disappointed. Particular highlights were Running For Life by Eliza Doolittle ("Time runs a marathon, I need to carry on"), Where The Streets Have No Name by U2 (multiple lines), Mighty Wings from Top Gun and the Lawrence of Arabia Theme. A selection from Muse (especially Butterflies and Hurricanes - "Change everything you are and everything you were") and Foo Fighters brought me home.

I had to resort to the iPod early on the fifth day, unfortunately I can't report that it helped significantly. Shake It Out by Florence and The Machine brought a wry smile ("Relive your darkest moments" and "It's hard to dance with a devil on your back"). Crazy Frog by Axel F was hideous (I did stick it out as promised though). Don't Stop Me Now by Queen is normally one of my favourite songs and would have been great had I been going well.

So thanks again for your selections and donations - they definitely made a big difference to my performance on the long day. It's amazing to see how the donations have continued to stream in while we were out in the desert! We're more than 90% of the way to our final destination - perhaps you can help us cross our final finish line?

http://virginmoneygiving.com/team/SaharanPrints

No comments:

Post a Comment