Thursday 11 April 2013

Day 4

[Posted by Simon]

Sorry for not posting for a couple of days.  Both being last in with recovery to do before bed at 8 & having a tough time!

Tuesday was a really tough day: I got the nutrition wrong for breakfast & felt sick all day. This destroyed the rest of my hydration / nutrition. I spent most of the day convincing myself that couldn't do the 75km. Having really struggled at 38km I had decided to quit prior to the 75km.

As you probably saw I did start the 75km and finish (in a very slow time). When i got back after the 38km the positivity of teammates (all doing so well), the great lift of your messages and knowledge of your generous donations, & that I am simply not very good at quiting stopped me!

So my race plan was very different from the others. My main challenges were heat, nutrition & feet. Feet there was little I could do about but heat/nutrition I made sure I spent time at checkpoints eating/drinking to correct. Even sitting cooking a full meal at one. Slow but got me round!

1 comment:

  1. Well done on getting through day 4 Simon-amazing following your progress on here daily. Be sure to enjoy your final days

    ReplyDelete