Friday 12 April 2013

Day 5

[Posted by Jon]

Made it. Just.

We haven't been given any results today, I'm sure you can see them - I know I won't have managed top 50 overall though. It was incredibly hot today, after 12km I was just trying to control my temperature - it was the first time I was short of water, and anything more than a fast walk was causing me to overheat. To a lesser extent that's what happened on Wednesday, but unlike then I didn't have the luxury of playing catch up once the temperature dropped.

The sole of my right shoe has also split, rendering the gaiter pointless and causing a few blisters - this didn't affect my time though. I hope to be able to tape it up for tomorrow's charity stage.

Will compose something more lucid once back at the hotel tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment